Monday, July 12, 2010

glamorous

7/12:

Yes, I did stay up to watch the world cup finals but only the second half though. Not like there was much to see anyway. If I hadn't developed a liking for soccer since coming to China, I would have lost interest so quickly haha...BUT, I watched until the very end to see Spain take the victory. It was around 5am at this point, and I could already see light outside (the sun rises at 430 am remember?). I staggered into bed and slept until 11am.

I woke up to the smell of scrambled eggs, which made me really hungry. I ate some toast with scrambled eggs for breakfast and prepped for a day at a local mall equivalent in Shenyang with my aunt and Gaochang. We made the husky puppy stay in the restroom while we were gone. She didn't bark at all. Such a guai doggy haha :P

Our first stop was a professional photography studio to pick some pictures from Gaochang's recent photoshoot. According to my aunt, most girls get one when they turn 18 and another one when they're in their 20s. Wedding photos are almost ubiquitous among Chinese couples now. We sat at a waiting table and looked through some sample albums of wedding photos and glamor shots. Some of the pictures had fobby engrish on them, but some of the printed text was actually pretty cute. One of them in a wedding album said, "As time turns the page, my love for you does not fade" (something like that, I don't really remember the second part word for word). Another one on a glamor picture said, "You are the sparkle in my eye and the fire in my heart." That one's pretty good too haha. Reminds me of the line, "You are the butter to my bread and the breath to my life" from Julie and Julia. Now I'm hungry...

We finally got a spot on one of the computers and started picking through photos. There were a total of 138 pictures, but my aunt only ordered 25. Sorting through them was extremely tedious. You had to consider cropping the pictures to fit the frames, which color would look good for a glass picture, etc, etc. The whole selection process took an hour and a half. We spent at least 2 hours in that studio.

After our extended stay in the studio, we went to the shopping strip called "Da Jie," which literally translates to "Big Street." It was the first shopping mall-like area in Shenyang, and my mom used to shop there all the time back in her younger days. I bought a couple of cool T-shirts from one shop and left. It was around 330pm and Gaochang needed to feed the puppy at 4pm. Shame I didn't get to see what other stores were there.

We heard the puppy whimpering and scratching the bathroom door as soon as we came in. As soon as we opened the door, she zoomed out of restroom and starting peeing. She left a nice pee trail right outside the bathroom door. Huskies won't pee in the place sleep, so she's been holding it in for a good 4 hours. That's quite impressive for a one month old puppy.

After the puppy devoured her food, we took her to my grandparent's (on my mom's side) house for dinner. She was the star in that apartment, and everyone mentioned how guai she is. She doesn't bark and only whimpers or yelps when she wants to come out of a room.

I took a walk with Gaochang and my aunt after dinner. It rained pretty hard during dinner, but stopped afterward. I'm not really sure why I decided to sanbu (walk) when there were puddles everywhere and I only had flip flops on. It was still pretty fun though, and I just stopped thinking about my wet and dirty feet after a while. That's what showers are for. Alright, now off to watch Memoirs of a Geisha. My gosh their fobby accent is terrible...

No comments:

Post a Comment