Tuesday, July 13, 2010

triple tap?

7/13:

I had planned on spending some quality time with my grandparents today (dad's side), but I woke pretty late and my aunt had already planned for Gaochang and I to go see a movie. I thought perhaps I could go after the movie. Maybe I could finally give them the chinese bibles I brought with me.

We walked to the movie theater, which was only 10 minutes or so away. We ate lunch first at Ajisen Ramen, which is this really really good noodle house. I ordered some beef noodles, and I must say, it's probably the best noodles I've ever eaten. Try it if you ever get the chance. It's a pretty famous restaurant chain I believe. I also ordered some mango juice. I expected it to be in a normal glass, but the waiter brought out a small vase of mango juice. What a deallll haha XP The movie theater is in the same building as Carrefour, so we bought a bunch of candy before going in. Customers are allowed to bring food into theaters, which kinda surprised me, but I wasn't complaining. We watched "Triple Tap," (~1 min trailer if you're interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee7EBuGgJ6I) which is this action/suspense shooter film. Let's just say it wasn't the best movie I've ever seen haha...However, it was the only movie showing at the time we got there. Something interesting I've noticed, Chinese movies rarely show any kissing in movies. Whenever there's some intimate moment in any film, the male and female just end up hugging. I guess I'm just so used to seeing kissing scenes (and sometimes things past kissing...) in American movies that I expected it when I was watching this movie. Just an observation.

So after the movies, my aunt calls Gaochang and tells us that one of my mom's cousins is treating us out for dinner. He's about 10 years older than me and is one of the few distant relatives I remember from my childhood. He used to play with us all the time, and I remember really liking him. With these dinner plans though, I wouldn't be able to see my grandparents once again...but it would have been too disrespectful for me to turn this dinner invitation down. My mom's cousin picked the Sheraton hotel's restaurant for tonight's dinner. It was a buffet style dinner with sushi chefs and cooks ready to make fresh food at your command. The restaurant looked really upscale and so did the food. I took some pictures of the food (the had a chocolate fountain!), but was told not to take pictures after snapping a few. That's probably the 6th or 7th time someone's told me not to take pictures. I really don't get what's the big deal of taking pictures of food...It's been a while since I've felt that full from a meal. Everything looked so good. I just had to try a little bit of everything. They even had baguettes and cheese, which I ate even though i'm a lactard :x oh wells, I feel like it was worth it.

Alright, it's almost time for bed. Gotta sleep early for another trip to some place I don't know tomorrow. I really need to just settle down for a few days and just spend time with my grandparents :/

1 comment:

  1. ahhh. tell me how your grandparents receive it. Isabella's was trying to do a similar thing with her family, minus the bible giving, but seeing as she was spending plenty of time with them. you probably read all this though.

    mm china's culture, vs wester culture. thought it was kind of funny that the judge and prosecutor? was wearing one of those curly powdery wigs.

    ahh pictures haha. the french side got the better of you with those baguettes haha.

    hope you get to spend time with your grandparents

    ReplyDelete